Blogger Widgets

Sunday 13 October 2013

Maybelline Color Show Nail Polishes: Review and Swatches

When Maybelline launched the Color Show nail polishes in India, I was literally squealing with joy. I had seen these nailpaints all over the International beauty blogs and wondered when they would come to India. 
But honestly, I never thought they would come this soon. And at 75 bucks? That is just too good to be true, right?!

But well, they are here and they are for Rs.75, so why should a nailpolish addict like me not get a few, right?  Also, believe it or not, they have come up with 40 shades in this range :O :)) Yayy!

Today, I will be showing you lovely girls 3 shades from the range. I picked them up in a matter of seconds from New U, when I had actually gone there to buy a few other things, so I didn’t really get to see all the shades properly. However, I have a good mind of going there pretty soon and picking up another loads of shades. 


L-R: Tenacious Teal, Coral Crush, Denim Dash





These nailpaints come in these small, cute, cylindrical bottles that are just too cute to resist. They look extremely cute in my cupboard and I can’t help but look at them once, every time I open it.

They have 6ml of product, which is honestly fine by me. At 75 bucks a colour, 6 ml actually works fine. This way, you can buy them every time you finish a colour. I just hope that Maybelline don’t hike the prices like they did with most of their other products.

The brush is pretty great to work with, as well. It’s small, but easy to hold and use.

All in all, everything about these nailpaints make me wanna pick them up and paint my nails with them. They even dry super-fast!



So, coming on to the colours now…..the shades I picked up are Tenacious Teal, Coral Crush and Denim Dash. Check out the pictures below :)

Warning: Picture-heavy post!!! :D
And sorry about my nails. I have my exams coming up, and long nails don’t really go down well with medicine professors! :/


Tenacious Teal: More like a teal-y green, this colour was one of the most sought after colours when this range was launched in the International markets. So I just had to pick this shade up as well. The colour shows up well with one coat, but I applied 2 coats to intensify it. I think this colour will suit most skin-tones. It is certainly a unique shade.


Swatch under artificial light

Swatch in sunlight



 Coral Crush: True to it’s name, this a pretty coral shade, and I certainly had a crush on it when I saw it. Loving the colour, loving the way it looks on my nail. Very girly, very chic! 2 coats do the trick.



Swatch under artificial light

Swatch in sunlight



 Denim Dash: This is hands-down the show-stopper! Why? ‘coz it is arguably the best shade that this range has come up with! And to top it off, it dries MATTE!!!!!! Yes, this shade applies all glossy, but when it dries up, it’s all matte. I was happily shocked to see this and better yet, this is a one-coater. The colour is a unique blue, with tiny silver and light-blue glitters. This is one shade you all must get!


Applies glossy
Dries matte :)
Do you see the glitters? Click to enlarge! :D
Swatch under artificial light



Swatch in sunlight


Here's another look at the tiny beauties! :P

The colours under sunlight

Oh! Check out this mini-brochure that I got. They have these simple nail-art ideas that you can do!

Take a look! (Click to enlarge the pics!)








Whew! That was one long post, huh?! And  happy one at that! Last Word: these nail paints are certainly one of the best thing to have come to the Indian markets in a long time. Do not hesitate to grab a few of them the next time you head to the store! They will not disappoint.


XOXO



11 comments :

  1. Well written. These are available online on Snapdeal too. I bought the shimmer ones :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post, all the color you have got is trendy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing launch from maybelline.. I too grabbed 4 shades...I know even my exams are on the way.. am hesitation to do nailpost coz of my short nails..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh...don't hesitate....just do them. I am sure they wont look bad at all. Just give it a try and see :)

      Delete
  4. I love this range from Maybelline. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too...i love the colour range, the bottles and their quality. (yayy) :))

      Delete
  5. more i m seeing them more i m drooling lol. nice post huni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. :)
      You should definitely try them. They honestly are drool-worthy!! :D

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Liked this Post?
Then please show me some love and comment below! :)